ICB’s Certification in Conscious Being through the Spirituality of the Enneagram involves advanced classes and work designed to move students who have studied the Spirituality of the Enneagram in our Primer and Basic Courses (or other programs) into a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the transformational purpose of this wisdom. The goal is to train advanced students to apply the principles of this spiritual wisdom in all aspects of their lives and relationships. Depending on their level of expertise, students may also use this modality in their counseling, spiritual direction or other professional practices, such as establishing and enhancing programs, workshops, and retreats.
By understanding the nature of Conscious Being through Spirituality of the Enneagram in greater depth, participants learn how to use this tool in personal and interpersonal situations. All of our courses involve intense participation on the part of both students and faculty.
ICB’s Certification in Conscious Being Through the Spirituality of the Enneagram provides students with:
- Familiar with and understanding the history, principles and theory of the Enneagram in accordance with its spiritual roots and its spiritual functions.
- Knowledge of the processes of self-assessment and self-inquiry essential to the discernment of personal identity and spiritual consciousness.
- Deeper understanding of essence and ego, as well as ego’s compulsions and the true nature of the Holy Ideas.
- Understanding of the wider applications of the Enneagram to collectives such as families, groups, organizations, political factions, electorates and nations.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of raising consciousness
- Conversational and pedagogic understanding of the processes of psychological/spiritual disintegration and integration in the individual as well as in the collective.
- Knowledge of the consistencies of the Spirituality of the Enneagram with the teachings of Jesus and with the truths of other spiritual paths.
- Ability to understand and create a spiritual container in which to consciously practice the Enneagram and establish a level of freedom, safety and affirmative support for oneself and others.
- Ability to understand and implement various spiritual tools to apply the principles of the Enneagram to foster spiritual transformation and consciousness.
Evidence of Learning Outcome
Evidence of learning can be manifest in what students say, do, think and/or feel. What they say (as on an exam, paper, project, homework, etc., or in class discussion) is a reflection of their thinking. What they journal or share in spiritual autobiographies shows the role of affect (emotions and feelings) in their learning. Students will be required to complete three practicum written assignments demonstrating application of the Enneagram in various aspects of their lives.