Each year, ICB presents a variety of seminars, conferences and certification training sessions led by Dr. Joseph Howell and a faculty of highly skilled Enneagram instructors. The schedule for 2017 includes:
2017 General Conferences
ICB’s partner presenters collaborate on our signature annual events. Since 2012, Kanuga Conferences in Hendersville, NC has hosted the annual Ennegram Conference. Over the years, Camp McDowell in Nauvoo, Alabama has been the site of many ICB Conferences and Certification Trainings. And April, 2016, marked the first partnership event between ICB and the Beecken Center of the School of Theology at the University of the South, Sewanee, Tenn.
2017 Kanuga Conference
How the Light Gets In: Healing our brokenness through the Spirituality of the Enneagram
Join Dr. Joseph Howell, author of Becoming Conscious: The Enneagram’s Forgotten Passageway, and the faculty of the Institute for Conscious Being for an in-depth exploration into the Spirituality of the Enneagram. Throughout this extended weekend, ICB presents innovative ways to apply the Enneagram’s wisdom to every aspect of life. Highlights include:
– Dynamic Plenary Sessions: Dr. Howell and ICB’s senior faculty members present multi-media lectures to deepen your understanding of the Enneagram — from basic to conversant application.
- Consciousness Theater: Experience a lively performance demonstrating how ego and essence can manifest in our daily lives.
- The Living Enneagram: Discern answers to real problems and challenges through the pathway of the Enneagram
- Group Work: Connect with others who share your Ego type and explore expression of your true self as never before.
- New Workshops: Explore Ego and Essence through creative and thought-provoking workshops
- Live Music: Engage the soul with the string duet of professional musicians, Melanie Rodgers and Drexel Rayford
– 2017 Special Guest Presenter: Lynda Roberts, past-President, International Enneagram Association (2015-16) will present a plenary lecture and workshop on The Enneagram and Conscious Leadership.
NEW: Clergy who need to return to their churches for Sunday services may attend at a reduced rate and depart after lunch on Saturday, Oct. 28
The path to certification begins with the choice to become educated. We ask individuals to commit themselves to a formation process which includes six intensive residential workshops supplemented by study and practice off site. These training intensives are conducted in the spring, summer and fall/winter of each calendar year. If accepted, students can begin their course of study at any of the dates listed. Although there it is not necessary to attend the courses in sequence, six courses must be completed to attain certification.
The training intensives are three days in length which include a weekend. Total class time is approximately 120 hours. Each course is structured around one of the essential centers of Enneagram type: Mind, Gut and Heart. Together these core principles of perception reveal a greater wholeness of awareness and truth. All intensives are held at Camp McDowell in Nauvoo, Ala. near Jasper.
Instinct/Gut Part 1:: July 13-15, 2017
Feeling/Heart Part 1: September 21-23, 2017
Thinking/Mind Part 2: February TBA, 2018
Instinct/Gut Part 2: July TBA, 2018
Feeling/Heart Part 2: September TBA, 2018
Thinking/Mind Part 1: February TBA, 2019
Click here to complete the Application Process for this certification program.
Plan An Enneagram Lecture or Retreat
Dr. Howell and the faculty of the Institute for Conscious Being are available for private and group instruction. Weekend retreats and one-day lectures are designed to pique interest in the spirituality of the Enneagram as a means for spiritual growth and personal discernment. These courses involve intense student and faculty participation.
For more information, contact Dr. Joseph Howell.